Data suggests that 72% of PMOs are being called into question by senior executives. Clearly these executives don’t perceive value in what the PMO is doing. Now, the project portfolio exists to deliver business-value-oriented projects and programs, so this brings us to some really important questions:
- Why isn't every single project aligned with strategy? (Aligned projects are 57% more likely to deliver business value)
- Why do I never have enough resources for my projects?
- Why is “the business” frustrated with the project delivery organization?
- Why do so many project teams get frustrated with their business “customers”?
- Why is there a picture of Bono at the top of this blog?
These are the important and urgent questions we will answer in today's blog.